So, I have a slew of questions for you artists out there that I BEG you will take the time to answer. It is hard to find clues and answers in this world when you don't really know anyone in the industry but your school art teacher.
1. What is your job(s) as an artist? How did you get them?
2. College degree, worth it? You learn a lot in college but people hire you based off your quality of work so should you blow all that money?
3. I want to go to CalArts to study animation so I can one day open a studio or become a director. Tips/changes I should make?
4. SCAD vs CalArts vs RISD vs UCLA vs NYArt Academy vs Full Sail vs public school with art programs vs wherever you went if you did go...who wins and why?
5. Can an engineering degree of any kind be used in art at all? I keep hearing that it can be...
6. Should I study animation or art? I want to have a versatile degree but currently director is the goal.
7. How hard is it to get an art job?
8. Do you make most your living online or in real life? How?
9. Contests, festivals, art magazines, ect, how do you feel about them and having your art in them?
10. I obviously don't know what I'm doing, so, any other ideas or suggestions for me?
11. Where can I find an art mentor to direct my further questions/would you be willing to be one for me?